Beginners Sewing Class
Would you love to learn how to sew but just don’t know how to get started? Or maybe you learned some time ago and now need a refresher. Our beginners sewing class is just what you’re looking for!
This class is aimed at the absolute novice, starting at the very beginning with how to thread a sewing machine. You’ll learn all about using the basic settings on the machine, sewing seams and controlling the fabric.
By the end of the session you’ll have loads of new skills – plus a gorgeous custom-made cushion to take home!
Sewing machines are available for you to use, or you’re welcome to bring along your own.
- how to set up a sewing machine
- the different things that the machine can do
- how to sew straight seams
- how to sew curves and pivot round corners
- seam finishes
- making buttonholes
- sewing-on buttons
- common sewing terms, such as grainlines, selvedges and seam allowances
- how to lay a pattern out on to your fabric
- cutting out and marking
We supply all fabric and sewing equipment necessary to complete a custom-made cushion – you just need to bring your enthusiasm!
10.30am – 2.30pm